N. Woodstock, NH — Berlin, NH’s Cody LeBlanc turned on the jets early and never let up on his way to the North East Mini Stock Tour (NEMST) victory at North Woodstock, NH’s White Mountain Motorsports Park on Saturday, September 11. The former NEMST champion took the lead from Michael Viens on lap 9 of the 50-lap feature and sped off into the night to capture the $1,000 top prize.
LeBlanc rolled out 10th for the feature while his brother Matt led the field to the green flag. However, Matt and Desmond Skillings tangled racing for the lead on the second lap of the event, putting both to the rear.
Ken Marier assumed the lead, but it was Viens getting a great break on the restart to take the top spot. Cody LeBlanc was already on a tear, though. He needed just seven more laps to finish carving up the field, swooping around Viens with eight complete to become the new leader.
The second yellow on lap 20 for Travis Dickinson’s spin closed the pack up and let East Thetford, VT’s Matt Sonnhalter, the NEMST winner at White Mountain in June, get into the mix. Sonnhalter eventually got up to second and seemed poised to make a run at LeBlanc. But when Cale Skillings looped it on lap 37 and went up in smoke for the final caution, it also spelled the end for Sonnhalter. He fell off the pace coming to the restart and did not return, leaving LeBlanc to cruise to the win.
Seekonk, MA’s Viens gave it all he had but had to settle for second. Oxford, MA’s Nick Anderson completed the podium. Nic Skillings, Jesse Copp, Matt LeBlanc, Dustin Jackson, Dana Shepard, Joe Giddings, and Tim Paquette rounded out the top-10.
Gilman, VT’s Jeff Marshall inherited his third Foley Oil & Propane Late Model feature win of the year. Marshall initially appeared to have come second in the 50-lap feature after a photo finish with Monroe, NH’s Oren Remick. Both chased Candia, NH’s Jimmy Renfrew Jr. to the checkered flag, who had grabbed the lead from Jon Savage on lap seven before holding off repeated charges by Marshall, Remick, eight-time track champion Quinny Welch, and others.
However, in post-race technical inspection, it was determined that one of the tires on Renfrew’s car had not been registered for competition at White Mountain Motorsports Park. As a result, Renfrew was disqualified from the feature, which gave the victory to Marshall.
Remick was second with Welch third. Jesse Switser, Matthew Morrill, Mike Bailey, Alby Ovitt, Stephen Donahue, Mike Jurkowski, and Steve Fisher completed the top-10. Unofficially, the victory also makes Marshall the new point leader by nine over Welch. Renfrew, who entered the night as the point leader, is now 23 points back in third with the championship event this coming Saturday, September 18.
Waterbury Center, VT’s Tanner Woodard continued to take the Wells River Chevrolet Flying Tigers by storm with his second straight victory and fourth of the year. The rookie started fourth in the 35-lap feature and spent the first 12 circuits dogging outside polesitter Jody Sicard for the top spot.
Woodard was finally able to poke his nose out front on lap 13 only for Sicard to take it back the next time around. The duo exchanged the point three more times over the next five laps before Woodard secured it for good. Once he did, that was all she wrote as Woodard blasted off to win the caution-free feature going away.
Littleton, NH’s Ryan Ware also got around Sicard with three to go in lapped traffic to take second. Brandon Gray was fourth followed by Shane Sicard, Jason Woodard, Kaiden “Tropical Storm” Fisher, Matthew Potter, Bryan Wall Jr., and Jon Boutin. Jason Woodard maintained his point lead over Shane Sicard and unofficially has a 27-point edge with one Flying Tiger event remaining.
Hometown racer Donnie Baumgardner picked up his second victory of the season in the Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank Strictly Stock Mini’s. Baumgardner started seventh for the 25-lap feature and was already up to third when his daughter Jillian’s car broke down to bring out the caution with three circuits complete.
Donnie continued flying from there and got the lead from fellow rookie James Knights on lap eight. Brendan Clark filled the hole for second and put the heat on Baumgardner the rest of the event but was not able to take him down.
The second-place finish for Dalton, NH’s Clark was still the best of his career. West Burke, VT’s Mike Smith continued his late-season tear with a third-place effort. Tyler Thompson, Chris Moulton, Todd Derrington, Luke Shannon, John Knight, Adam Sicard, and Scott Senecal were fourth through 10th. Between the feature and qualifying, Thompson was able to cut 10 points off Shannon’s lead. Shannon still unofficially has a 20-point advantage with one event to go.
Lincoln, NH’s “Downtown” Bobby Brown topped another Arnold’s Wayside Diner Dwarf Car nail biter to get his second win of the season in their 25-lap feature. Campton, NH’s Dave Gyger led the first 16 laps off the outside pole as Brown maneuvered his way from the sixth starting position. Brown finally caught Gyger just past halfway and swung around the high groove to take the position with eight laps remaining.
Chad Dufour’s spin on lap 20 set up a five-lap dash to the checkered flag. Point leader Tommy Smithers of Gilmanton, NH was able to pass Gyger for second on the restart but could do nothing with his teammate as Brown led the one-two finish.
Gyger still had a season-best third as he narrowly held off Jason Wyman and Colby Bourgeois. With one Dwarf Car event left on the 2021 calendar, Smithers unofficially has a 17-point lead over Wyman and 24 points on Bourgeois.
The Pro All Stars Series returns to White Mountain Motorsports Park for Foley Oil & Propane Night this Saturday, September 18 at 6:00pm. Both the PASS Super Late Models and PASS Modifieds are coming to North Woodstock with the region’s best short track racers. Saturday is also Foley Oil & Propane Late Model Championship Night as they decide the 2021 “King of the Mountain”. The Dads 4 By Tool & Supply Kids Trucks complete the card. Admission is $20 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12, and $40 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids).
For more information, contact the White Mountain Motorsports Park offices at (802) 244-6963, email@example.com, or visit www.
WHITE MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS PARK — N. Woodstock, NH
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2021
NORTH EAST MINI STOCK TOUR
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Cody Leblanc ( 7nh ) Berlin, NH
2. Mike Viens ( 85 ) Seekonk, MA
3. Nick Anderson ( 55 ) Oxford, MA
4. Nic Skillings ( 11 ) Hillsboro, NH
5. Jesse Copp ( 37 ) Rochester, NH
6. Matt LeBlanc ( 7lt ) Berlin, NH
7. Dustin Jackson ( 37nh ) Bethlehem, NH
8. Dana Shepard ( 43 ) Putney, VT
9. Joe Giddings ( 41 ) Waterford, VT
10. Tim Paquette ( 93 ) Bennington, NH
11. Matt Sonnhalter ( 33vt ) East Thetford, VT
12. Ken Marier ( 1 ) Littleton, NH
13. Cale Skillings ( 95 ) Antrim, NH
14. Desmond Skillings ( 90 ) Antrim, NH
15. Travis Dickinson ( 60 ) Littleton, NH
16. Brett Jackson ( 31 ) Bethlehem, NH
17. Richard Stockwell ( 82 ) North Woodstock, NH
FOLEY OIL & PROPANE LATE MODELS
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Jeff Marshall ( 32nh ) Gilman, VT
2. Oren Remick ( 21nh ) Monroe, NH
3. Quinten Welch ( 78nh ) Groveton, NH
4. Jesse Switser ( 25nh ) West Burke, VT
5. Matthew Morrill ( 9nh ) Moultonborough, NH
6. Mike Bailey ( 1me ) S. Barre, VT
7. Alby Ovitt ( 35nh ) Raymond, NH
8. Stephen Donahue ( 2vt ) Graniteville, VT
9. Mike Jurkowski ( 42nh ) Claremont, NH
10. Steve Fisher ( 24vt ) South Burlington, VT
11. #Kasey Beattie ( 45nh ) St. Johnsbury, VT
12. Tyler Jones ( 17nh ) Lincoln, NH
13. Cam Huntress ( 27ME ) Rochester, NH
14. Stacy Cahoon ( 83vt ) St. Johnsbury, VT
15. #Zachary Fraser ( 02nh ) Dorchester, NH
16. Will Avery ( 92nh ) Campton, NH
17. Joey Laquerre ( 15vt ) E. Montpelier, VT
18. David LaBrecque ( 57nh ) Thornton, NH
19. Jon Savage ( 41nh ) Whitefield, NH
20. Jaden Perry ( 92vt ) Hardwick, VT
21. Jerry Lesage ( 74vt ) Winooski, VT
DSQ Jimmy Renfrew Jr. ( 00nh ) Candia, NH
WELLS RIVER CHEVROLET FLYING TIGERS
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. #Tanner Woodard ( 68nh ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
2. Ryan Ware ( 32vt ) East Burke, VT
3. Jody Sicard ( 49nh ) Gilmanton, NH
4. Brandon Gray ( 00vt ) Thetford, VT
5. Shane Sicard ( 4nh ) Barton, VT
6. Jason Woodard ( 68vt ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
7. Kaiden Fisher ( 18vt ) Shelburne, VT
8. Matthew Potter ( 23vt ) Marshfield, VT
9. Bryan Wall Jr. ( 77nh ) East Kingston, NH
10. Jon Boutin ( 21vt ) Fairfax, VT
11. Michael Potter ( 23nh ) Plainfield, VT
12. Keegan Lamson ( 55nh ) Berlin, VT
13. Eric Johnson ( 51nh ) Randolph Ctr., VT
14. #Cooper French ( 4me ) Northfield, VT
15. Travis Patnoe ( 22vt ) Wolcott, VT
WOODSVILLE GUARANTY SAVINGS BANK STRICTLY STOCK MINI’S
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. #Donnie Baumgardner ( 4 ) N. Woodstock, NH
2. #Brendan Clark ( 22 ) Dalton, NH
3. Michael M. Smith Jr. ( 22x ) West Burke, VT
4. Tyler Thompson ( 51 ) Littleton, NH
5. #Chris Moulton ( 15 ) Pepperell, MA
6. Todd Derrington ( 57 ) Bethlehem, NH
7. #Luke Shannon ( 13 ) Groveton, NH
8. John Knight ( 12 ) Franklin, NH
9. Adam Sicard ( 16 ) Barton, VT
10. Scott Senecal ( 1 ) Lisbon, NH
11. Jack Hayes ( 09 ) Littleton, NH
12. #James Knights ( 02 ) Littleton, NH
13. Justin Blakely ( 88 ) Barre, VT
14. Jeffrey Martin ( 8 ) Barre, VT
15. Nate Brien ( 16x ) Williamstown, VT
16. Tyler Whittemore ( 74 ) Barre, VT
17. Derrick Sterns ( 18x ) Piermont, NH
18. Dave Driscoll ( 19 ) N. Woodstock, NH
19. Jillian Baumgardner ( 14 ) N. Woodstock, NH
DNS Jacob Ailes ( 72 ) St. Johnsbury, VT
DNS Josh Vilbrin ( 07 ) Northfield, VT
ARNOLD’S WAYSIDE DINER DWARF CARS
1. Bobby Brown ( 27 ) Lincoln, NH
2. Tommy Smithers ( 60 ) Gilmanton, NH
3. Dave Gyger ( 93 ) Campton, NH
4. Jason Wyman ( 88 ) Easton, NH
5. Colby Bourgeois ( 82 ) St.Johnsbury, VT
6. Jeff Ainsworth ( 41 ) Bethlehem, NH
7. #Jamie Ball ( 99 ) Barnet, VT
8. Howie Switser ( 11 ) West Burke, VT
9. Chad Dufour ( 52 ) Littleton, NH
DNS Wayne Pillsbury ( 4 ) Claremont, NH