N. Woodstock, NH — Hudson, NH’s Joey Polewarczk could not be stopped down the stretch en route to the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Model victory at White Mountain Motorsports Park on Sunday, May 23. “Joey Pole” took the lead for good with 44 laps remaining in the 150-lap event and held the division’s best at arm’s length for the victory to cap a doubleheader weekend of action.
Turner, ME’s Ben Rowe earned the pole in qualifying but surrendered the lead to Berwick, ME’s Ryan Green at the start. Green led the first 10 laps before Rowe went back in front. Following a lap-21 caution for Even Hallstrom’s stalled automobile, point leader Johnny Clark turned up the heat, riding the outside to snatch the lead from Rowe on lap 33. Joey Pole wasn’t far behind, having moved up to third from the ninth starting position.
When the second yellow flew on lap 42 for Scott McDaniel’s stopped machine, it was Rowe getting the jump over Clark. The lead trio broke away from the field until lap 60, when Gabe Brown — who had driven from last to sixth — ground to a halt with a suspension failure.
Polewarczyk then decided it was time to go, driving to the second spot after Clark slid high in turn three. A few circuits later, he swung to the high line, passing Rowe for the lead with 70 laps in the books. Pole then checked out until lap 92 when Clark cut a right-front tire and slapped the frontstretch wall.
Another yellow came out 10 laps later for debris, and Rowe gave it one more shot, putting the nose of his #4 in front for three circuits before Pole got back on top again. As Pole pulled away, Rowe and Joey Doiron went at it for 20 laps before Doiron finally cleared him to get second. Doiron was gaining on Polewarczk when the fifth caution flew for Brian Whalley’s frontstretch spin with 13 laps to go.
Doiron got to restart alongside Pole, but the leader had the better short-run car and took off at the green flag. The sequence repeated itself when Green spun out with six laps to go, giving Polewarczyk his first PASS victory since 2018 and his first at White Mountain since 2016.
Berwick, ME’s Doiron came in second while Center Conway, NH’s D.J. Shaw passed Rowe late in the going for third. Clark recovered from his flat tire to finish fifth. Dan Winter, Ryan Robbins, Kate Re, Justin Larsen, and Rowland Robinson Jr. rounded out the top-10.
Pittsfield, ME’s Max Cookson made a thrilling move on the final restart to win the 50-lap PASS Modified feature. Cookson started 10th and got as high as second in the early going before settling into third behind point leader Tyler King and former champion Spencer Morse.
When Milo Washer spun on lap 46 to bring out the fifth caution, it set up a four-lap dash to the finish. As the field got the green, Morse poked his front bumper in front of King off the outside. The duo came out of turn four a little high, and Cookson stayed glued to the bottom, taking it three-wide down the frontstretch. King was forced to back off entering turn one, and Cookson yanked the lead away from Morse to get his first win of the season.
Morse came across the line second with King settling for third. Gary Chiasson, Ajay Cates, Bill Dixon, Tracy Gordon, Mike Davis, Kevin Durgan, and Troy Morse completed the top-10. The Modified results are unofficial pending further technical inspection.
Waterbury Center, VT’s Jason Woodard used a little speed and a lot of luck to win the 50-lap Street Stock Open. Woodard and his son Tanner were minding their business in third and fourth, respectively, when Jimmy Renfrew Jr. went underneath Kris Watson to take the lead with six laps to go. Coming out of turn two the next time around, Renfrew and Watson got together, sending Renfrew spinning down the backstretch and earning both a trip to the rear.
When the race went green again, Tanner Woodard had the edge on the outside. The younger Woodard had a nose up when Renfrew spun again on the frontstretch and nailed Ryan Phillips to bring out another yellow. The outside remained the place to be on the final restart, with Jason Woodard getting the jump this time to lead a one-two family finish.
Tanner Woodard barely held off Watson, who roared back for a third-place finish. Kyle Hewins, Nate Leavitt, Matt Potter, Michael Potter, Phillips, Jaden Perry, and Renfrew came home fourth through 10th.
White Mountain Motorsports Park celebrates the Memorial Day holiday with Sanel NAPA Night on Saturday, May 29 at 6:00pm. The Foley Oil & Propane Late Models go 100 laps in the annual Spring Board 100. The Wells River Chevrolet Flying Tigers, Woodville Guaranty Savings Bank Strictly Stock Minis, and Dads 4 By Tool & Supply Kids Trucks round out the card. Admission is $15 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12, and $30 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids).
For more information, contact the White Mountain Motorsports Park offices at (802) 244-6963, email@example.com, or visit www.
WHITE MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS PARK — N. Woodstock, NH
SUNDAY, MAY 23, 2021
PASS SUPER LATE MODELS
Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps
1. ( 9 ) Joey Polewarczyk ( 97 ) Hudson, NH , 150 Laps
2. ( 13 ) Joey Doiron ( 20X ) Berwick, ME , 150 Laps
3. ( 10 ) D.J. Shaw ( 60 ) Ctr. Conway, NH , 150 Laps
4. ( 1 ) Ben Rowe ( 4 ) Turner, ME , 150 Laps
5. ( 12 ) Johnny Clark ( 54 ) Hallowell, ME , 150 Laps
6. ( 14 ) Dan Winter ( 81 ) Deerfield, NH , 150 Laps
7. ( 17 ) Ryan Robbins ( 36 ) Dixfield, ME , 150 Laps
8. ( 4 ) Kate Re ( 10 ) Harrison, ME , 150 Laps
9. ( 8 ) Justin Larsen ( 18 ) Peru, ME , 150 Laps
10. ( 11 ) Rowland Robinson Jr. ( 20 ) Steuben, ME , 150 Laps
11. ( 6 ) Brian Whalley ( 02 ) Laconia, NH , 150 Laps
12. ( 2 ) Ryan Green ( 93 ) Berwick, ME , 149 Laps
13. ( 19 ) Craig Weinstein ( 90 ) E. Walpole, MA , 149 Laps
14. ( 18 ) Scott McDaniel ( 14 ) Livermore, ME , 143 Laps
15. ( 15 ) Austin Teras ( 29T ) Gray, ME , 139 Laps
16. ( 16 ) Shane Clark ( 21C ) Wintersport, ME , 132 Laps
17. ( 5 ) Jeremy Davis ( 09 ) Tamworth, NH , 128 Laps
18. ( 7 ) Eddie MacDonald ( 17MA ) Rowley, MA , 78 Laps
19. ( 22 ) Gabe Brown ( 47B ) Ctr. Conway, NH , 59 Laps
20. ( 21 ) Mark Patten ( 07 ) Belmont, NH , 21 Laps
21. ( 20 ) Evan Hallstrom ( 1VT ) Northfield, VT , 19 Laps
DNS ( 3 ) Anthony Constantino ( 14ME ) Turner, ME
Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps
1. ( 10 ) Max Cookson ( 39 ) Pittsfield, ME , 50 Laps
2. ( 3 ) Spencer Morse ( 31 ) Naples, ME , 50 Laps
3. ( 12 ) Tyler King ( 11 ) Gray, ME , 50 Laps
4. ( 5 ) Gary Chiasson ( 71ME ) Peru, ME , 50 Laps
5. ( 11 ) Ajay Cates ( 2 ) Lyman, ME , 50 Laps
6. ( 7 ) Bill Dixon ( 33 ) N. Waterboro, ME , 50 Laps
7. ( 6 ) Tracy Gordon ( 41G ) Strong, ME , 50 Laps
8. ( 21 ) Mike Davis ( 9D ) 0 , 50 Laps
9. ( 9 ) Kevin Durgin ( 12D ) Scarborough, ME , 50 Laps
10. ( 2 ) Troy Morse ( 6M ) Bridgton, ME , 50 Laps
11. ( 14 ) Brandon Varney ( 1 ) Auburn, ME , 50 Laps
12. ( 4 ) Garrett Lamb ( 38 ) Windham, ME , 50 Laps
13. ( 8 ) Gary Dwinal ( 55 ) Lisbon, ME , 50 Laps
14. ( 13 ) Spencer Vaughn ( 7 ) Canton, ME , 50 Laps
15. ( 19 ) Milo Washer ( 4 ) Norway, ME , 50 Laps
16. ( 17 ) Joe Day ( 37 ) Parsonsfield, ME , 45 Laps
17. ( 16 ) Colby Benjamin ( 52 ) Belmont, ME , 44 Laps
18. ( 15 ) Mark Simond ( 9S ) Lewiston, ME , 42 Laps
19. ( 22 ) Shawn Knight ( 25 ) South Paris, ME , 41 Laps
20. ( 1 ) Zach Nicholson ( 21 ) Cir. Ossipee, ME , 30 Laps
21. ( 20 ) Chandler Harrison ( 6PAC ) Freeport, ME , 24 Laps
22. ( 18 ) Jake Madore ( 66 ) Arundel, ME , 19 Laps
DNS ( 23 ) Ashley Beyea ( 44 ) Old Orchard Beach, ME
DNS ( 24 ) Brad Hammond ( 61 ) Oxford, ME
STREET STOCK OPEN
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps
1. Jason Woodard ( 68VT ) Waterbury Center, VT , 50 Laps
2. Tanner Woodard ( 68NH ) Waterbury Center, VT , 50 Laps
3. Kris Watson ( 35 ) Kenduskeag, ME , 50 Laps
4. Kyle Hewins ( 51 ) Leeds, ME , 50 Laps
5. Nate Leavitt ( 36 ) Buxton, ME , 50 Laps
6. Matt Potter ( 23VT ) Marshfield, VT , 49 Laps
7. Michael Potter ( 23NH ) Plainfield, VT , 49 Laps
8. Ryan Phillips ( 89 ) Buxton, ME , 49 Laps
9. Jaden Perry ( 62NH ) Hardwick, VT , 47 Laps
10. Jimmy Renfrew Jr. ( 00 ) Candia, NH , 45 Laps
11. Lewis Anderson ( 81 ) Hollis, ME , 29 Laps
12. Kris Schroeder ( 66K ) Haverhill, MA , 24 Laps
13. Eric Hoffman ( 12 ) Newmarket, NH , 14 Laps
DNS Skip Tripp ( 21 ) Poland, ME
DNS Devon McConologue ( 18 ) West Newfield, ME