WALL TOWNSHIP, NJ- The Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic American Three Quarter Midget Racing Association (ATQMRA) powered by VP Racing Fuels will return to action on Saturday, March 27th, 2021 at Wall Stadium Speedway for Turkey Derby XLVI.
Due to complications surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Wall Stadium Speedway officials made the difficult decision to postpone Turkey Derby XLVI this past November. As numbers currently continue to improve in regards to the pandemic across the country, speedway and state officials announced late last week the new dates for the historic motorsports event.
ATQMRA competitors are expected to hit the 1/5th mile inner oval for the first time this spring on both Saturday, March 13th and Sunday, March 14th for open practice. Practice is open to all divisions and competitors who anticipate on competing in Turkey Derby XLVI next month.
While Turkey Derby XLVI will be completed over the course of two weekends, the Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic ATQMRA powered by VP Racing Fuels will be the opening feature on Saturday, March 27th leading into the famous 150 lap Tour Modified race. The ATQMRA feature is scheduled for its traditional 30 laps.
Turkey Derby XLVI will not have any implications on the 2021 points championship. The event will be ran as its usual, prestigious non-points exhibition.
The ATQMRA anticipates on releasing their full, 2021 schedule this Friday, on February 25th.
Any team member or driver who anticipates on competing in any race this season and is not already on the mailing list, should contact PR@ATQMRA.COM
promptly to receive the most recent updates regarding the ATQMRA.
Fans are welcomed to join the mailing list by visiting ATQMRA.com.
Turkey Derby XLVI ATQMRA Schedule:
Saturday, March 13th, 2021, AND Sunday, March 14th, 2021
Open Practice Days
9:00 AM Pits Open
11:00 AM Practice Rotations Begin
4:00 PM Practice Rotations End
Pit Admission $20
Saturday, March 27th, 2021: ATQMRA Race Day
8:00 AM Pits Open
10:00 AM – 10:20 AM ATQMRA Rolling Practice
11:00 AM – Grandstands Open
11:20 AM – ATQMRA Driver’s Meeting at the Boyd Racing (1B/22) Trailer
11:35 AM – Wall Stadium Driver’s Meeting at the Track Pit Trailer
12:00 PM – ATQMRA Time Trials
2:00 PM – Open Ceremony, ATQMRA Feature to immediately follow (30 Laps)
Rain Date: TBA
*schedule is not official and subject to change
Turkey Derby Rules Package:
1. While the ATQMRA rulebook will be enforced, the following rules are also permitted:
2. 2018 Indoor Engine Rules will be allowed.
3. As always, the minimum weight requirement is 850 pounds with the driver post-qualifying/race.
4. A maximum width of 55.5 inches measured at the bulge of the tire from the outside of the right rear to the outside of the left rear will be mandated.
5. All cars are required to run an outdoor RR tire (LC5 10 inch, USAC 13 inch)
Group Qualifying (Time Trial) Rules:
1. Groups are set in reverse order from practice speeds (fastest cars in last group)
2. Top 2 qualifiers are guaranteed to start in first 3 rows after redraw
3. Redraw procedures based on car count:
1. 13 Cars or less (top 8 )
2. 14-18 cars (top 10)
3. 19 cars or more (top 12)
Sources: Kyle Taraska/Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic ATQMRA PR
Total Page Visits: 163 - Today Page Visits: 1